Pass Plus Bristol
Pass Plus is a course for new drivers in Bristol that have recently passed their driving test. The course builds
upon the skills you gained while learning to drive and will teach you how to anticipate, plan for and deal
with all kinds of hazards. The course can help you to become more confident on the roads.
The Pass Plus is made up of six practical modules which include:
- Town Driving - The first module begins with an introduction to Pass Puus, explaining the course aims and the skills and knowledge to be covered.
- All weather driving - As much of this module as possible should be covered in a practical session. You'll focus on correct speed, safe stopping distances, plus seeing and being seen.
- Driving out of town - This module taken on country roads, will look at the main differences between town driving and country driving.
- Night driving - This module covers the essential aspects of driving in the dark and also at dawn and dusk.
- Driving on dual carriageways - Dual carriageways are high speed, multi-lane roads where the two carriageways are separated by a central reservation.
- Driving on Motorways
How you'll be instructed
Pass Plus is a practical driving course and take 6 hours in total. Usually we’ll arrange your Pass Plus course over 2 days with 3 hours per day.
Your instructor will complete a Training Report Form which you’ll sign and date when you reach the required level in each module. In order to pass the course, you'll need to reach a satisfactory standard in all the modules.
You will be given a Progress Record to enable you to keep a record of your progress throughout the course.
Once you’ve completed the course your instructor will send your completed Training Report Form to DSA who will then issue a Pass Plus Certificate of Completion to show that you've successfully completed the course. This entitles you to an insurance discount from one of the companies taking part in the scheme.
How much does the course cost?
The cost of the 6 hour Pass Plus course is £160.